Why Comprehensive Financial Planning
At Filbrandt & Company, we plan for our clients’ entire financial picture, not simply to maximize the return on their investments. This is what we call comprehensive financial planning.
The Filbrandt Total Solution© is a three-step process that integrates investment, retirement, and estate management services to help university professionals achieve their financial independence. Effective financial planning is a fluid process that changes as life circumstances change. We help our clients through major life transitions, including job changes, illnesses, disability, retirement, divorce, and the death of a loved one or spouse.
With comprehensive financial planning, we serve as our clients’ advocate for all their planning needs, including the work they do with banks, attorneys, accountants, retirement plan vendors, investment brokers, university retirement offices, and insurance agents—always ensuring that their best interests are being represented.
“We work with clients across the country, on many different campuses, but the core of what we do is customized to each of our clients.”
Our unified portfolio investment strategy draws from and reflects the individual strengths of the custodians our clients currently work with.
Services Provided for Our Clients:
- Create a proposed portfolio that matches a client’s risk tolerance level and financial goals.
- Rebalance portfolios to reduce risk.
- Provide a consolidated portfolio statement and track the overall performance of investments.
- Develop and implement a tax-wise plan for current investments and better position those assets to produce a future retirement income.
The result? We help our clients reduce and control the risk in their portfolios.
We help develop tax-efficient savings and future retirement income strategies that better ensure our clients have access to all the assets they need during retirement.
- Maximize retirement savings and coordinate those contributions with an overall asset management plan.
- Implement tax planning to seek ways to reduce current income taxes, and for future retirement income distributions.
- Coordinate and execute the distribution of funds during retirement to replace lost salaries.
- Facilitate Required Minimum Distributions at age 70 ½.
- Evaluate and recommend options for Social Security benefits as needed.
We help clients develop and implement an estate plan that makes certain their lifestyle and assets are protected after both they and their spouses pass — and that assets are ultimately transferred to whichever family and institutions are important to them as efficiently as possible.
- Explore the benefits of a trust to help eliminate probate and protect loved ones’ interests.
- Facilitate the titling of assets in coordination with overall estate plan.
- Help you coordinate beneficiary designations and keep them updated.
- Evaluate options for long-term care funding.
- Evaluate and recommend insurance options.
- Evaluate and review attorney-drafted estate planning documents to make certain they’re aligned with a client’s goals.